NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) User Discussions
cancel

APM 9.3 QA on GW and DPS

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. yangnigon Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

APM 9.3 QA on GW and DPS

Hi community,

There are a coceptual question that I would like to ask to get some clarifications.

Is there a way to check if APM GW and DPS are communicating correctly/properly? How do you know it is talking to each other? In the end-user perspective, how do I know this? ex) log file indicating communication between GW or DPS or something else.

APM is up and running but this does not tell GW and DPS are communicationg correctly or properly. Where can I find more information about this?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Solution

Re: APM 9.3 QA on GW and DPS

If the status page shows "Server is ready" both on GW and DPS then they are communicating correctly, o/w some services on GW won't start (since they need services from the DPS).

there is also web console tool for the HornetQ bus that can show you subscribers from GW listening to DPS topics, but this is very advanced tool and I prefer not to describe the steps here.

You can always contact support if you have concerns about GW-DPS communications.

1 REPLY
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Solution

Re: APM 9.3 QA on GW and DPS

If the status page shows "Server is ready" both on GW and DPS then they are communicating correctly, o/w some services on GW won't start (since they need services from the DPS).

there is also web console tool for the HornetQ bus that can show you subscribers from GW listening to DPS topics, but this is very advanced tool and I prefer not to describe the steps here.

You can always contact support if you have concerns about GW-DPS communications.