Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. ctruong Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

BSM 9.10 Changing Profile database time (GMT)

Hello all,

Is there a way to change the time off set of the profile database? When i created the profile database last week i had to set to GMT-8 instead of GMT-7. All my other datacollector are set to GMT-7. Is there a place where i can change this value back to GMT-7, without having to recreate the profile database?

Im getting a failure to find future parition for sample data in db_loader and I think this is the reason why.

Thank you,

Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.. Rajasekhar Gund Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: BSM 9.10 Changing Profile database time (GMT)

Hello,

Your statements are little confusing. How can you set the offset for profile DB? I suppose you are talking about GMT Offset for profile? Also your problem is not associated with data collectors timezone, as data collectors are eligible to be in any timezone with any offset needed.

If you are looking for editing your monitoring profile GMT Offset, you can do so by clicking on Edit button on profile. If your question is something different, please elaborate it.

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes

when i click edit on my profile db through Admin>>manage profile db. There is no option to change the GMT offset.

So if in SAM integration profile I set it to GMT -7 and in my Profile database I set the time to GMT-8. This does not cause any problem for db_loader?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Rajasekhar Gund Absent Member..
Absent Member..

No. Profile DataBase will not have any Offset. Only BPMs or SiteScopes (these can also be configured in different locations) will have GMT Offset.

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes

This is what i am talking about.....when you create a default profile db it let you choose the time offset.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Rolden Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Please check the BSM timezone...I guess there is problem with BSM application itself.

Change the timezone for BSM, it will work for Profile DB.

Also check that DB should be in same timezone, so check it manually by login on the DB server.

Regards

Rolden

0 Likes
Established Member.. kumarandp
Established Member..

Hi,

How did you overcome this problem, We want to change the profile DB timezone in the HP BSM 9.22

Regards,

kumaran dp

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.