Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) User Discussions
cancel

Citrix script on Windows 10

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Ivan Laszik Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Citrix script on Windows 10

Hello,

I have an issue with my citrix scripts which are not working in BPM 9.40 on Windows 10.

The error in BPM is:

Error 0: Connect can not be established - Last Citrix error=13 (Unsupported function), last client error=0 (Unknown client error 0)

Error -91990: ctrx_set_connect_opt("D:\HP\BPM\agent1\Site2\_testing_____432dc299ecebe5e5ae1920ec80c7af72_1\<script name>\182_2\res\nfuse_1.ica") failed. Server IP address = <IP>:1494. 

This happens as soon as the connection to citrix is started. There is no waiting time before it stops.

Environment information:

Over 100 BPM PCs on Windows 10 1709, BPM 9.40, Citrix Receiver 4.9.0.2539, APM 9.40.

The script is running perfectly in VuGen 12.55 on any BPM PC. It only fails in BPM replay. BPM is running in service mode.

The BPM PCs were in the past with Windows 7, BPM 9.25 and different older Citrix Receivers installed and the script was running perfectly. I have 2 Windows 7 PCs in the APM test environment one with BPM 9.40 and one with 9.25 and the citrix script is running perfectly.

Among the 100 Windows 10 BPMs there are 2 where the citrix script is running fine. I cannot find any different setting on these 2 which leads to the script running.

UAC is disabled on all PCs via EnableLUA registry key set to 0. All Windows 10, BPM 9.40 and Citrix Receiver installations are identically installed through automated installations. The BPM PCs are restarted every Sunday. Right after start of the PC the citrix script runs 1 or 2 times on some PCs after which it stops running.

The script runs successfully if executed in cmd via mdrv.exe -usr <path to script.usr>

Any help is appreciated!

All the best,

Ivan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor..
Solution

Re: Citrix script on Windows 10

I finally fixed the citrix issue, by configuring the loadrunner agent of BPM as service. the idea came from the supportcase I opened at micro focus.

3 REPLIES
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi Ivan.

This is Farid from BSM Software Support Team.

According to what I was investigating about this problem, I found a note from an RnD engineer where he explains that he highly recommends the "Process Mode" to be used for Citrix scripts, apparently it is the only stable option to run this type of scripts.

Additionally, I saw that it is possible to maintain BPM as a service without presenting the Citrix Error 13 (all subsequent errors are just a consequence of this one), this workaround is made by disabling UAC in the BPM machine (which requires a restart after disabling UAC), but according to what you explained, these steps have already been implemented.

In synthesis, according to the above, the best way to keep the Citrix scripts running is using BPM as a process, below are the steps to do this in case you do not have them at hand:

1. Open the services.msc. (Start -> Run: services.msc).
  2. Find “HP Business Process Monitor” service in the list of running services.
  3. Right click on service name -> Properties.
  4. Set Startup Type to Disabled and stop the BPM.
  5. Open a CMD window as administrator and run the following:
    1. cd /HP/BPM/ServletContainer/bin
    2. catalina.bat run
  6. Open/Refresh the BPM UI to make sure that BPM is up.

I hope this helps with the problem you are presenting.

Trusted Contributor..

Hi Farid,

Thanks for the reply.

I did try running BPM as process as you mentioned, in that scenario none of my scripts are running. They do not even start. If I start one from the BPM admin gui it does not event run. The log says that it cannot find a log.

I have to add that for the past 2 years on Windows 7 / BPM 9.25 the citrix scripts were running on all BPM PCs with BPM in service mode, and today it is running on 2 out of 100 Windows 10 BPM PCs. So for sure there is some configuration I am missing.

All the best,

Ivan.

Trusted Contributor..
Solution

I finally fixed the citrix issue, by configuring the loadrunner agent of BPM as service. the idea came from the supportcase I opened at micro focus.