Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Practitioners Forum
cancel

Foundations:service=Infrastructure Settings Manager in JMX in APM 9.3

SOLVED
Go to solution
yangnigon
Honored Contributor.

Foundations:service=Infrastructure Settings Manager in JMX in APM 9.3

Hello community,

I would like to change the following settings through jmx-console:
1. Direct Gateway Server for Application Users Server URL
2. Direct Gateway Server for Data Collectors URL
3. Local Virtual Gateway Server for Application Users URL
4. Local Virtual Gateway Server for Data Collectors URL

I found that above can be changed through jmx-console with paramaters accordingly:
1. direct.centers.server.url
2. direct.core.server.url
3. virtual.centers.server.url
4. virtual.core.server.url

in void setGlobalSettingValue()
contextName=platform
settingName=direct.centers.server.url (etc)
newValue= abc-abcd-123.abc.com (hostname)

When I invoke this, I get an error "during Mbean operation invocationMessage:Exception thrown in RequiredModelMBean while trying to invoke operation setGlobalSettingValue".

Can someone tell me that I am getting this error message because of inputting wrong values or something else? I tried putting different values with different syntax such as (http://) but none of them worked. In addition, it looked like it did not take any values at all.

The question is how can I change above values through jmx-console? I was able to change default.centers.server.url AND default.core.server.url like the method above and it all worked. For some reasons, those 4 parameters mentioned above did not work.

Any thoughts or ideas is appreciated.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES
Tim Slatter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Foundations:service=Infrastructure Settings Manager in JMX in APM 9.3

Hi,

I haven't tried this but I think it requires the full URL including the port (even if it's a default port), for example:

http://abc-abcd-123.abc.com:80

or

https://abc-abcd-123.abc.com:443

Regards,

Tim

yangnigon
Honored Contributor.

Tim,

Thanks for your inputs.

As posted above, I've tried FQDN with protocol and ports, but it did not work.

What's puzzling to me is that default.centers.server.url and default.core.server.url worked but others didn't. I am not quite finding the correlation here.

Any other suggestation or inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Asaf Shechter
Micro Focus Expert

the 2 settings that worked for you are indeed Global settings and you used the correct jmx method.

the other 4 settings that didnt work for you are not Global settings. they are actually "per-server" settings, so you should use setSettingValuePerServerId. I believe that the hostId are numeric values starting from 1.

yangnigon
Honored Contributor.

Asaf,

This is an excellent explanation.

I have one more quesetion related to this then.

I have total of 5 servers such as 3 x GW AND 2 x DPS.

How do you find out which one is corresponding hostid? As you mentioned the hostid are numeric values starting from 1.

Trying to figure out which one is which with hostid.

Thanks,

Asaf Shechter
Micro Focus Expert
Solution

I dont have good answer except "trial & error" approach. in the UI assign different values to each server then use the "getSettingValueByServerId" and see which will return which value.

I think the 3 GWs will be first and then the DPS, but I am not sure and i dont have such env. to reproduce and provide you the desired answer.

yangnigon
Honored Contributor.

I guess the only way to find out hostid is to reach out to DB admin and look through the table "SETTING_PARAMTERS" in Management DB.

Thanks Asaf.