Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Practitioners Forum
cancel

Name of Service / Action which helps to run the BSM synthetic scripts in the background?

Viswa
Regular Contributor.

Name of Service / Action which helps to run the BSM synthetic scripts in the background?

Can someone please tell me, which service / action / executable is being invoked while BSM runs the synthetic scripts through BPM? I mean the service /action which helps to run the scripts in the background.

I'd like to know the name and path of the above.

Thanks in advance.

Viswa

1 REPLY
Siggi Gladitsch
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Name of Service / Action which helps to run the BSM synthetic scripts in the background?

Hi Viswa,

as of BPM 9.23 and newer,
we have this process structure (under Windows)

BPM runs as a service
wininit.exe
  services.exe
    bpm_nanny.exe
       bpm.exe
         mdrv.exe
         mdrv.exe

BPM runs as a user process
explorer.exe
  cmd.exe
     bpm.exe
       mdrv.exe
       mdrv.exe

In the end you have bpm.exe launching one mdrv.exe process per script it executes.

mdrv.exe lives in the LGSA installation path, for example
 C:\HP\LoadGenerator\bin\mdrv.exe

and is called via (for example)

C:\HP\LoadGenerator\bin\mdrv.exe -usr C:\ProgramData\HP\BPM\workspace\agent1\Site1\BA_BPM_all_s_2c24ccb3c9845f4b8dbbb52ae2744f30_1\all_status\13_1\all_status.usr -out C:\ProgramData\HP\BPM\workspace\agent1\Site1\BA_BPM_all_s_2c24ccb3c9845f4b8dbbb52ae2744f30_1\all_status\13_1\res -bpm_in C:\ProgramData\HP\BPM\workspace\agent1\Site1\BA_BPM_all_s_2c24ccb3c9845f4b8dbbb52ae2744f30_1\all_status\13_1\res\all_status.metadata -bpm_out C:\ProgramData\HP\BPM\workspace

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.