Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Practitioners Forum
cancel

Windows File monitor using sitescope

cvarun
Valued Contributor.

Windows File monitor using sitescope

Hi Team,

I have monitor the window directory file which size is more than 100GB and its a shared folder. I have to monitor the file age and need to check t least one file should be written into the directory structure within the past hour.  If not then send an alert.

How to monitor to window file in sitescope. I have a tired with diskspace but it failed because the huge file size.

Thanks,

C Varun

5 REPLIES
kenneth.gonzale
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Windows File monitor using sitescope

Hi,

Have you tried file monitor? It may fail beacuse of file size, in that case maybe via scripting.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
cvarun
Valued Contributor.

Its not allowing for file monitor since its a window server.

kenneth.gonzale
Micro Focus Expert

If your SiS is running on Windows you can monitor Windows files if you select: SiS server and then use shared path: \\<server>\Shared\file.txt  or use Windows defualt Sharing: \\<server>\CS$\folder\file.txt

Notice the folder needs to have reading permissions for SiS service user.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Pramodjain
Frequent Contributor.

HI, i am able to see the file age.. 

is it possible to read and display the file content in email alert.

Siggi Gladitsch
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Pramodjain,

I don't think that you can display the full content of the file in an email alert generated by SiteScope,
but if you check the description of the File Monitor,
you'll see (this is from Sitecope 11.40) that you can use the File Monitor to read the file and store the content internally
File Monitor Overview
You can set up your File Monitors to monitor file size, age, or content, and set a threshold at
which you will be notified. SiteScope can alert you to unauthorized content changes so that you
can correct them immediately.

and work with at least part of the content:

Match content
- To save and display a particular piece of text as part of the status, use
parentheses in a Perl regular expression. For example, /Temperature: (\d+)
returns the temperature as it appears on the page, and this could be used when
setting an Error if or Warning if threshold.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus