Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) User Discussions
cancel

files not found in HPBSM\bin after patching 9.25

SOLVED
Go to solution
Absent Member.. elmassimo Absent Member..
Absent Member..

files not found in HPBSM\bin after patching 9.25

Hello Experts,

I have recently patched my BSM platform from 9.25 to BSM IP2.

It happens that I was searching for the opr-archive-events.bat script.

I did not find it in the HPBSM\bin folder but find it in the HPBSM\installation\HPBsm925\src\bin.

However, HPBSM\installation\HPBsm925 is said to be the config backup folder after installing a patch in BSM!

Do you have any comment please on such situation?

Thanks,

Wassim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. JuanC_Monge_AMP Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Solution

Re: files not found in HPBSM\bin after patching 9.25

Hello Wassim,

Thanks for the question,

I verified in my lab and I do not have the file opr-archive-events.bat script in BSM 9.25 IP2.

Please, let me know if you need something else,

Best Regards

Juan Carlos Monge Granados
Support Engineer
San José, Costa Rica
Hewlett Packard
Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
3 REPLIES
Absent Member.. JuanC_Monge_AMP Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Solution

Hello Wassim,

Thanks for the question,

I verified in my lab and I do not have the file opr-archive-events.bat script in BSM 9.25 IP2.

Please, let me know if you need something else,

Best Regards

Juan Carlos Monge Granados
Support Engineer
San José, Costa Rica
Hewlett Packard
Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Absent Member.. elmassimo Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks Juan.

I've opened a ticket with support team today and they told me the same. So it is OK to not found some files in their original folders but in folders created for backup during the patch process.

For example with opr-archive-events.bat, the official documentation said it is found in the HPBSM\bin folder where for a patched BSM platform it is under HPBSM\installation\HPBsm925\src\bin

It is strange really to admit such behaviors!

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

The HPBSM\installation\HPBsm925 folder is where BSM stores a backup of v9.25 files that have been updated (or maybe retired) by the latest patch.  I guess they are kept so you have the option to uninstall a patch.

I would recommend adding a question to your support case asking for confirmation of where opr-archive-events.bat should be after installing IP2.  You could run into problems if you are running code or scripts from that directory as they are most likely to be older versions.

Regards,

Tim

Top Contributors Last 30 Days