NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
ArcSight Connectors Documentation
cancel

SmartConnector for Fortinet FortiGate Syslog

Version history
Revision #:
9 of 9
Last update:
‎07-24-2018 09:30 AM
Updated by:

Comments
sricharan1

Hi,

I find the "device address" field is empty in the logs. I have installed Fortinet Fortigate Connector Version 5.2.6.6434.0.. Kindly suggest in which field i would get the device address of the particular device which is sending the logs. I have referred the connector guide, in that also i don't find any information about the device address filed.

john.robinson21

Hello Sri,

I am using FortiGate as well and notice the same field is empty.  I do see the host name is correct and shown in the logs.  I usually put the IP address in the description box when installing the connector.  Another work around could be to include the IP address in the connector name, but then you would need 1 connector per FortiGate product which may not be ideal.