Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
ArcSight Discussions
cancel

ArcMC - Marketplace Certificate Replacement

Highlighted
Carlos Augusto
Trusted Contributor.

ArcMC - Marketplace Certificate Replacement

Marketplace currently issues a certificate valid for only one year. The current certificate was renewed in early June 2017 and some different problems can happen:

• ArcMC cannot connect to Marketplace
  • New installs cannot configure username and password to the website
  • New installs cannot download parser upgrades
  • Old install cannot download parser upgrades
  • Old install can download parser upgrades but a permanent red marker is observed
  • Dashboard contains a permanent red error

Follow these steps to fix the problem

Download the certificate from Marketplace

Open https://marketplace.saas.hpe.com

On Chrome press F12 or click on the 3 dots menu -> More tools -> Developer Tools

On the top, select the Security tab

Click "View certificate"

When the certificate window shows, switch to "Details" tab and click on "Copy to File..."

Hit Next on the first window and select "Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER)"

Finish exporting the file and save it as marketplace.cer (just to make the process easier)

Copy the certificate to ArcMC

Use scp, Winscp, Mobaxterm or a pendrive to copy the file into the /tmp folder on the server

Copy the file to their destination

Replace <ARCMC_DIR> with:

• Appliance: /opt/arcsight
  • Software: <INSTALL_DIR>/current/arcsight
    • <INSTALL_DIR> is the directory used during the installation of arcmc

Run as root

cp /tmp/marketplace.cer <ARCMC_DIR>/arcmc/config/certs/marketplace.saas.hpe.com

chmod 0750 <ARCMC_DIR>/arcmc/config/certs/marketplace.saas.hpe.com

Restart ArcMC Web Process

• Software:

<ARCMC_DIR>/arcmc/bin/arcmcd restart web

• Appliance

/opt/local/monit/bin/monit restart web

4 REPLIES
Fred McGhee
Trusted Contributor.

Re: ArcMC - Marketplace Certificate Replacement

Yes I read this post and performed those steps several times. But were unsucessful still is fixing the error. 

Carlos Augusto
Trusted Contributor.

Fred,

I am sorry it didn't work for you, I will update this post with new instruction on how to configure the ArcMC to work with the new Marketplace address (this should be fixed on ArcMC 2.7, in October).

I didn't receive an alert when you replied to this thread, but I should be able to see them now.

ThHunter
Contributor.

Be sure to make a backup of the old cert. When I followed these steps, the web service refused to start with the new cert in place. Ended up coping the expired one over the new one to get access to the web GUI again.

Carlos Augusto
Trusted Contributor.

That is really strange and didn't make a lot of sense for me. I have removed the old cert and replaced with the new one without any problems.

I will update the document with more information regarding the new address for the marketplace. I also didn't see your reply when you sent it, or else I would have helped.