ArcSight Ideas - TEMPORARILY CLOSED
cancel

Feature request: Add 'Browser panels' resource to the Dashboards

Hi,

I love the ArcSight Console to work with ESM, it is a pleasant, powerful and intuitive interface. There's one aspect I'd like ArcSight ESM's development team to take in good consideration: ArcSight ESM is getting far behind on the data visualisation and reporting capabilities. And This is VERY important for all Arcsight customers.

Also the web interface not very useful and  visually problematic. I don't see much benefit of using that interface except for Search and some simple admin tasks. Channels, Dashboards and Cases are ugly, non-intuitive and not inviting to be used. I recommend  to all of my customers to use the Console.

I dont expect that developments on the Console or the web interface will have drastic changes in the near future but there's a good alternative to give the console dashboards much more appealing and up-to-date look.

It would be GREAT and a low hanging fruit if we just could have a configurable browser panel as a resource for dashboards.

That way everybody can write its own web apps on top of arcsight ESM for data visualisation and dashboarding using the REST API's from arcsight and present those in the Console using browser panels. Every programming language has a browser panel object so that can't be hard to implement. The user gets a new resource type like : " Browser Panel" or " App Panel"  and only supplies an URL like http://myapp.xyz:8080. The pannels can be placed and resized on the a Dashboard, just like Query Viewers and Data Monitors.

Imagine a dashboard like this:

These are sample "apps"  I build using Arcsights data but visualised using opensource d3.js and some php/sql

I only wish that I could present them as dashboard elements in the Console for my users.

sampleDashboard.png

Please DO NOT move development away from the console app and try to build some web based console, that would be a big mistake imho.... My eyes hurt when I look at the ESM web interface and ArcMC

For reporting Ill suggest another Feature request but mainly it consists of removing the ugly reporting engine and integrate with something far more serious as Tableau.

I can help develop and publish apps for ESM if you only could give us this simple capability of browser panels.

Cheers!

/Steven

1 Comment
Honored Contributor.

FYI: The development version of the ESM Web Interface shown at Protect 2014  looked quite different from the current Web Interfaces of ArcSight products. It did not really capture the control you have in console, but it looked much, much better and was workable. It was only showed to a handful of people as it was a usability labs with NDA.

I have not heard much from that interface, so maybe they scrapped it or it'll make a sudden appearance in ESM7

Opening the CORRe database for 3th party visualisation platforms was in the roadmaps I believe for 2016.

should know when it was planned exactly.