Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
StarBoy Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Is there a Template for Incident Notification to Regulators, law enforcement & service providers?

I would like a template that would assist such that Regulators, law enforcement, and service providers, as appropriate, are notified when the institution is aware of any unauthorized access to systems or a cyber incident occurs that could result in degradation of services.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there a Template for Incident Notification to Regulators, law enforcement & service prov

Within ArcSight, you have the ability to use what’s called velocity templates where you write a notification, but use the $variables to insert the indicators.  For example, “The following IP address: $sourceAddress was seen communicating with $destinationAddress on port $dstPort, which is in violation to policy X”  That is just an example, but maybe that helps?

Most organizations follow the NIST guidance: https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-61r2.pdf

ArcSight ESM Product Marketing Manager
0 Likes
StarBoy Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Is there a Template for Incident Notification to Regulators, law enforcement & service prov

Thanks.

However, i would like a template that would explain the entire incident as a narrative/description i.e. after getting the alert, and having analyzed it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.