Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Acclaimed Contributor.. BGroot Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

HP IT Asset Manager training courses

Hi all,

For those that are interested in what HP has to offer in training on IT Asset Manager, please see below:

LEARN MORE: Improve your skills with our Asset Manager training courses :

AM120 - Asset Manager 9.x Software: Essentials

AM330 - Asset Manager 9.x Software: Modules

AM350 - Asset Manager 9.x Software: Tailoring

If you are looking for something different please reply to this message and I will get you in contact with someone from HP Education.

Greetings,

Bill

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
11 Replies
GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: HP IT Asset Manager training courses

We teach most of the HPAM classes for HP.  They are fairly good as far as they go, but even the Tailoring course is fairly rudimentary.  It has always seemed to me there would be a need for an Advanced Tailoring class.  If such a thing existed how many of you might be interested?  And what format do you think would be most effective?  A full week long course or something shorter and less formal?  Perhaps one or two day "seminars" on specific topics?

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Perhaps some folks who have taken the AM Classes listed above could comment on them?

What was good...  What was bad...  Perhaps what could be improved?  Seems pretty quiet...

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Deepansh Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Yes i agree the tailoring class was quite elementary.

i would actually prefer advanced tailoring session.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. swalia8 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

May you please let me know if any HP AM training is schduled in upcoming months and confirm me back.

I would really appriciate the same.

Regards

Shashank Walia

+91 8861588868

Wipro Technologies -Partner HP

Mail :- sshashank.walia@gmail.com

shashank.walia@wipro.com

0 Likes
MorganAY Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We will look at the scope of an Advanced Asset Manager Tailoring course during our planning for the updates to the current Asset Manager curriculum to the latest Asset Manager 9.5 release.

0 Likes
Established Member.. Stuart_Diener
Established Member..

I am keen for an advanced tailoring and advanced admin course (i.e. looks at methods and approaches for improving AM performance and DB tuning etc.)

Also though there is a gap not filled by documentation.

With modules such as the SAM Best Practice & Procurement.

I have managed to get my head around most of the technical aspects for AM modules, but it would be fantastic to have training that provides insight into "why" certain things are done in a module.

As an example - in SM I am familiar with all the modules and I have an understanding of why certain things happen in keeping with ITIL etc.

In AM I have been working with an external contractor who has a vast knowledge of Software Asset Management, but their experience is based on a different tool set.  They would make a statement like "such and such should happen because of..."  but AM did not necessarily meet that.  Knowing in Advance that AM had another way of meeting that process requirement would have been helpful.  The documentation set for SAM best practice helped a little but fell a long way short of the full picture. 

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. BGroot Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Stuart,

I will forward this on to a number of people to see how we can help you out.

Greetings,

Bill

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Claude Of Montr Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

More details class for wizard language use workflow all the possibilitys

0 Likes
Established Member.. HarvardHP
Established Member..

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. Bechir_B_OTHMAN Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Got the same issue, links are broken.
can we get new ones please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

This link should get you to the list of ITSM courses which AM now falls under.  Look for AM120, AM330, and AM350.

https://microfocus.viewcentral.com/events/cust/catalog.aspx?cid=microfocus&pid=1&lid=7&bu_id=12&cat1_id=146

Golden Ratio provides more advanced Training/Mentoring both directlly and as a sub to Microfocus Education Services.  Going through MF tends to cost a bit more, but has two main advantages:

1) You likelly already have an agreement in place with MF so it is easy from a Supplier Management perspective

2) You can pay for Mentoring Sessions using Training Credits.  If you have TC's whch are going to expire using them for customized Mentoring Sessions is a great way to use them up.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.