Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Contributor.. Preeti Singh Contributor..
Contributor..

Not able to view already configured Asset manager database in AM client

Hello All,

I am beginer in HP Asset manager tool. Please help me to resolve below issue.

We recently installed AM client at Windows plateform with admin previledged user and open client using "run as different user" option for database configuration where user with admin privileges. Database has been configured with admin user, but we are not able to view already configured database in dropdown list when "connecting to database" as normal windows user.

Earlier AM Client was properly working for normal user and used almost 20 days after AM installation on the same system, Later we faced issue of "unable to load dynamic library  libeay32-10.dll, unable to initialize SSL library"err DC imran.jpg

We had already checked  libeay32-10.dll and ssleay32-10.dll files were present at AM installation directory/bin path.

We had set path of those files in PATH variable of windows system. Still not resolved. We had done reinstallation too, but  still facing issue mentioned in first paragraph of post.

Please help to understand why already configured database is not in dropdown list for normal user. We cant configure database in normal user access as it require admin previliges in changing communication port.

Thanks in advance,

Preeti Singh

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Not able to view already configured Asset manager database in AM client

For the libeay :

What is your AM version? There is some issue with loading the libraries at some versions. Better use latest AM 9.63 or AM 9.70 .

Sometimes attempting to login several times fixes this. Or a server reboot.

However, i am not sure if i can clearly understand the part with the users and drop-down?

Regards,
Boryana Kotseva
0 Likes
Contributor.. Preeti Singh Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: Not able to view already configured Asset manager database in AM client

Dear Boryana,

thank you for replying

I am using AM 9.63. We are facing issue during installation of Am client on a particular windows system. Our AM client is working as expected in most of the system except two windows system.

We had already tried reboot and also reinstallation, but didn't work.

In our working environment we dont have full admin previliges of our own system. AM installation needs full admin previliges during installation. AM database is running on particular server and port rather than default. During database configuration change in port number also needs admin access. 

So we are followinng below steps in AM installation

1. Logged in system with admin account and installed AM.

2. Logged in system with our account and run client as different user (admin account which required for port change) 

a. Configure database connection with AM database(Lets have database name - XX) [Database server IP, Database name, port number]

3. click AM client and open it. Go to connect to database.

4. Here is drop down list of already existing configured databases like XX, YY [This is general schenario]

But we are not getting database XX in existing database. If can not get already configured database, I cannot connect with AM database.

So Here is my problem I am not getting already configured database XX in AM client using admin previliges. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.