NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Client Automation Standard User Discussions
cancel

Software deployment schedule recurring

SOLVED
Go to solution
hrvoje Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Software deployment schedule recurring

Hi,

I have HP CAS

Can some one explain me please some thing about software deployment.

What schedule recurring really do when creating software deployment job?

Only what I can find in manual CA_standard.pdf is that "you can recurring schedule only to group"

Does software reinstalled again on recurring schedule interval? Or just verify if software is installed?

I ask because if I do software deployment Job with recurring schedule interval for MSI package, I see in windows application log

Event1.

Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:\PROGRA~2\HEWLET~1\HPCA\Agent\Lib\SYSTEM\RADIA\SOFTWARE\ZSERVICE\7-ZIP\7Z920-X64.MSI. Client Process Id: 1004.

Then event2

Product: 7-Zip 9.20 (x64 edition) -- Configuration completed successfully.

this look like software is reinstalled!?!?!?

Thanks in advance

Hrvoje

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pravs Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Solution

Re: Software deployment schedule recurring

Hi,

Any software connect , whether you notify that or set a recurring schedule, will only verify whether the installed software is in the desired state or not. The desired state is decided by the administrator . The sofwtare will NOT be installed again unless it is found in a broken state or found uninstalled even though the administrator wanted it to be on the client's machine.

The MSI log may not give you a clear picture of what is happening. You can check the actual connect log on the target device,

Thanks,

Praveen

3 REPLIES
Shanti Yajnik Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
If I understood your question right, it will not re-install the software.
Best Regards,
Pravs Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Solution

Hi,

Any software connect , whether you notify that or set a recurring schedule, will only verify whether the installed software is in the desired state or not. The desired state is decided by the administrator . The sofwtare will NOT be installed again unless it is found in a broken state or found uninstalled even though the administrator wanted it to be on the client's machine.

The MSI log may not give you a clear picture of what is happening. You can check the actual connect log on the target device,

Thanks,

Praveen

Highlighted
hrvoje Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for detailed answer.

This is what I want to know

Hrvoje