Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

OS deplyment

Highlighted
Federico Chaves
Honored Contributor.

OS deplyment

Hi,
I need to know if there is a way to deploy the image you create whit the OS image preparation Wizard from a DVD.
the idea is to have the files created in a dvd, put the dvd on, and put the image.

Is there a way?

thanks for your hlp
Best Regards,

Federico Chaves
4 REPLIES
Karl Skelton
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: OS deplyment

Sure this is possible. You can burn the image resource files to a CD\DVD and setup COP to point to the local drive for the image retrieval. This is actually documented in the ROMS guide!
See pages 147-151 in the v2.1 guide.

HTH.

Karl.
Federico Chaves
Honored Contributor.

HI, thanks for your answer.
im using Client Configuration Manager 2.0
how can I configure COP?
Best Regards,

Federico Chaves
Karl Skelton
Acclaimed Contributor.

I've not had much exposure to CCM but i do know that there are limitations between CCM and OVCM and i guess that COP is one of them.
I don't think CCM is intended for use in a Enterprise enviroment - which is where you'd use COP - so maybe you cannot use this feature.

Sorry for the dead end!

Karl.
Roy O Gatewood_
Acclaimed Contributor.

COP is configured within OVCCM or self-configured. You have no ability to update or modify it.