cancel

Error Message when trying to update locations

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shelley McMenam  Honored Contributor..
 Honored Contributor..

Error Message when trying to update locations

Hi All,

I am getting an error message when trying to update some locations, one is a person and the other is a position type, any ideas? we are running version 8.3.0.9232

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
TRIMGuru Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
Solution

Re: Error Message when trying to update locations

Hi Shelly

We had that same problem when we went to v8.11 .  Turns out we had some Custom Users in our Location table which it sees as a UserType 7.  In v8.x there is no longer a UserType 7 and that's the reason you are getting the error message.

Just have your DBA issue the SQL statements below to correct them.

To see the location records that have this condition, the SQL statement is:

select lcName from TSLOCATION where URI IN (select luLocUri from TSLOCUSAGE where luUserType = 7)

To correct these records, the SQL staement is:

update TSLOCUSAGE set luUserType = 5 where luUserType = 7

CHEERS!

4 REPLIES
Harry-Koppanyi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Shelley, if this user permissions were granted (based on your older version 7.3) using Custom Permissions? OR if this user was created using TRIMServices (again TRIM version convention) copy profile or a profile of another user with Custom Permissions in 7.3

In 8.3 and onward custom permission type are not available. TRIMServices account do exist for RM internal use only and not available through GUI or for any use.

Can you screen shot the permission type drop down for this user?

Cheers,
Harry
Highlighted
TRIMGuru Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
Solution

Hi Shelly

We had that same problem when we went to v8.11 .  Turns out we had some Custom Users in our Location table which it sees as a UserType 7.  In v8.x there is no longer a UserType 7 and that's the reason you are getting the error message.

Just have your DBA issue the SQL statements below to correct them.

To see the location records that have this condition, the SQL statement is:

select lcName from TSLOCATION where URI IN (select luLocUri from TSLOCUSAGE where luUserType = 7)

To correct these records, the SQL staement is:

update TSLOCUSAGE set luUserType = 5 where luUserType = 7

CHEERS!

Honored Contributor..

Thanks I will talk to my DBA's we use Oracle for a DB but I'm assuming the commands would be similar?

Honored Contributor..

My DBA updated the tables as you said and it worked, I only had a total of 15 locations that had been custom within V7 so it didnt take very long to do at all. Thanks heaps for that.