Content Manager User Discussions
cancel

Content Manager 9.3 Client does not launch

SOLVED
Go to solution
Carol Collins Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Content Manager 9.3 Client does not launch

I am setting up a new 9.3 (9.3.0.178) environment.  So far, I have set up one workgroup and dataset.  The environment is Windows Server 2016, SQL Server 2016, with Windows 10 clients.  I have repeatedly installed the 64-bit client on a Windows 10 client computer and on the server.  When I attempt to launch the Content Manager client, it starts to load, and then disappears.  However, the CM Desktop client works fine.  I haven't found anything in the event logs or other logs that would indicate what the problem might be.  It gets as far as the Open Content Manager Dataset dialog box, and when I click OK, it just disappears. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

--Carol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. _CH Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..
Solution

Re: Content Manager 9.3 Client does not launch

Hi,

It would be my guess that the ribbon_Mdi.cfg file has become corrupted or the old version you used from pre CM9 has an issue. 

My suggestion is to remove the ribbon_Mdi.cfg file from the %appdata%\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\<datasetID>\Configuration folder. Then start the CM9 Client.  The ribbon_Mdi.cfg file will automagically regenerate upon CM9 Client startup.

You could also try resetting the Ribbon globals from a client on the Workgroup Server, but beaware there is also a globals retrieving issue in 9.3.0 client ( to be fixed in 9.3.1 ).

Cheers,

Cam.

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. _CH Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..
Solution

Hi,

It would be my guess that the ribbon_Mdi.cfg file has become corrupted or the old version you used from pre CM9 has an issue. 

My suggestion is to remove the ribbon_Mdi.cfg file from the %appdata%\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\<datasetID>\Configuration folder. Then start the CM9 Client.  The ribbon_Mdi.cfg file will automagically regenerate upon CM9 Client startup.

You could also try resetting the Ribbon globals from a client on the Workgroup Server, but beaware there is also a globals retrieving issue in 9.3.0 client ( to be fixed in 9.3.1 ).

Cheers,

Cam.

Carol Collins Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Oh my!  I would never have been able to come up with that as an answer!  I removed the ribbon_Mdi.cfg and the client launched!  One difference in my environment from what you described is that the file is in %appdata%\Micro Focus\Content manager \ <dataset_id>\Configuration.  Also, I have no pre-CM9 versions so far, as I am using newly built systems.  

I may have to look into resetting the ribbon globals, because this is happening with each new user profile on each machine.  The corruption is coming from some root source.

Thank you so much, Cam!!!

Top Contributors Last 30 Days