Log Levels in ServiceAPI

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
MichaelQ Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Log Levels in ServiceAPI

Hi all, 

I'd first like to congratulate Micro Focus on amalgamating all the forums together so that it is harder to find what we're after and also for not letting me know so my RSS feed died without my knowledge.  Now I've resubscribed I look forward to many posts about things that don't relate to my work.

Enough nark, time for a question.

I can't find in doco or on this site any reference to the log level options for the ServiceAPI.  I am hoping to log each call to the ServiceAPI.  Out of the box it has <level value="ERROR">.  I have tried "INFO" and "INFORMATION" but when I do a quick record retrieval (http://localhost/HPECMServiceAPI/Record?q=uri=300)there is nothing in the log.  Is this because the ServiceAPI does not log what I desire or because I'm guessing the wrong string?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JanMartin Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: Log Levels in ServiceAPI

It appears to use log4net which has the following levels (noisiest to quietest):

• ALL
  • DEBUG
  • INFO
  • WARN
  • ERROR
  • FATAL
  • OFF
3 REPLIES
MichaelQ Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I now note that "Information" provides log entries which declare themselves to be "debug" ones.  It doesn't quite give me what I was after but hopefully in conjunction with the IIS logs I can get what I need.

It might still be useful to know what the valid options are.

JanMartin Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

It appears to use log4net which has the following levels (noisiest to quietest):

• ALL
  • DEBUG
  • INFO
  • WARN
  • ERROR
  • FATAL
  • OFF
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you also want a log entry for each request you should set trace="true' in the root hptrim element in hptrim.config.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**