Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Morrissey Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Missing Idol Reindex button on ribbon choices

Would anyone know how to locate the idol reindexing (refresh Idol index for selected record)  button (see image) on the administration tab (ribbon) of Records Manager 8.3.9365 - for some reason its not available anywhere - do you need to be running 64 bit RM for it to be displayed?

0 Likes
3 Replies
TRIMGuru Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Missing Idol Reindex button on ribbon choices

In 9.1, it's only available in the 64 bit version.  It does show in the 32 bit version, but when you click it, you get this error.

32bit.JPGv9.1 32 bit Client

Valued Contributor.. SKV Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Yes, it appears due to some reason you cannot reindex from a 32 bit client.

We are using 64 bit Workgroup server and 32 bit clients. We installed a 64 bit client on a machine for reindexing which completed successfully. The document content search works fine with 32 bit clients.

0 Likes
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I've had it go missing on a few occasions. Typically, when I've been created as a new Administrator user, based off an existing Administrator who was created "pre-IDOL" e.g TRIM 6.

Even though I have IDOL privileges ticked off, Get Global does not make the Reindex icon appear.

My only option has been to re-create myself as a brand-new Administrator user to get it to show.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.