Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
HeatherM1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Right Click Menus Disappear While A Document is Checked Out Via Edit

CM 9.2, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2013

Wondering if anyone has experienced this:

I have a user who, when she uses Edit to check out a document, is unable to access the right click menus in CM until the document checks back in. e.g. the document will be open in Word for editing, and if the user goes back into CM to do other tasks, the right click menu will display, but disappears when she tries to select anything. 

This behaviour does not happen if she uses Check Out / Check In.   It also doesn't happen when she uses Edit in CM 9.2 on Windows 7.   None of our other pilot group using Windows 10 have reported this issue at all. 

Our IT folk are investigating whether it's a roaming profile issue; however, I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who's encountered this.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Right Click Menus Disappear While A Document is Checked Out Via Edit

I was not able to replicate in my tests, although it was done under different configuration to yours:

HPE CM 9.2.1.9629 (64-bit)

Office 2013 (64-bit)

If only 1 user has reported it, it may be client-based. Ask them to try the same routine on another machine to see if it can be replicated to confirm.

HeatherM1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Right Click Menus Disappear While A Document is Checked Out Via Edit

Thanks, Sten28. 

The user was getting the same issue when she logged into a different Windows 10 laptop; however, we've now reinstalled CM9.2 on her laptop as well as deleting and recreating her roaming profile and she hasn't reported the problem since, so fingers crossed.

Thanks again for looking into this.  :)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.