Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. RM_TRIM Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Your HP TRIM license information could not be read

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I am relatively new to TRIM and downloaded an evaluation copy of TRIM 7.20 from the HP site. Our Organisation is looking at the integration of SharePoint & TRIM and is very keen on purchasing the product.

I have installed TRIM on my demo VM server and everything has gone smoothly right up to the point of registering the DEMO Database & Dataset.

The Problem I have is that if I try to open the TRIM dataset, I get the error "Your HP TRIM license information could not be read"

Has anybody ever had this issue with an evaluation copy of TRIM and if so please could you let me know if there is an easy way to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

-- Robert

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Your HP TRIM license information could not be read

Jump to solution

As you managed to see internally, the guys in Sydney should have some environments ready to use.

The error is basically pointing out that you havn't entered any license details in the TRIM Enterprise Studio.

Also, ensure you use 7.2.1 Patch 3 (Build 3519) and not 7.2.0. Especially if showing off the SP Integration.  :)

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
6 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

As you managed to see internally, the guys in Sydney should have some environments ready to use.

The error is basically pointing out that you havn't entered any license details in the TRIM Enterprise Studio.

Also, ensure you use 7.2.1 Patch 3 (Build 3519) and not 7.2.0. Especially if showing off the SP Integration.  :)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
Absent Member.. RM_TRIM Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Grundy

0 Likes
JeremyG Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, and I'm trying to work out what needs to go in the license field. 

No problems installing the demo; I have created a data store on a workgroup server.  Now I can't get to it because I have no license info in TES.  I can find where the info is meant to go, but I have no idea what to put there - I've looked through the email I got with the download, and everything on the CD. 

I tried just selecting an expiry date, and got a message that my license digest information is incorrectly formatted - so I'm guessing I must be meant to put something in the HP Trim registration key field. 

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

There is a license section in the TRIM Enterprise Studio.

Any license type will have a NAME and Key that goes in the large box at the bottom.

If it's a Demo it will use an expiry date, if it's a full license it will have a license number.

You can organise a demo license via your HP account rep if needed.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
JeremyG Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Yes, thanks Grundy - i already had the license screen in TES open.  My question is this - I've gone through the online system to download the demo, received the software and a covering email telling me what I've downloaded.  Nowhere in the files I've received can I find any license information to put in those fields. 

Are you saying I need to contact HP support as well to get a license key for the demo?

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I think this was a problem last year as well.

Downloading the demo wasn't providing a license key.

Best people to talk to are the HP Account Managers for this, not support.

They will be able to get any licensing sorted out.  (Support doesn't touch licensing)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.