NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Data Protection Idea Exchange
cancel

support for openstack based on Red Hat

our request is that DP 10.x can works also with RedHat based on OpenStack.

Actually in the support Matrix is only the HPE Helion OpenStack, which is based on Suse.

We have several customers in our CMT that is moving on this platform and will adopt for his Private / public cloud the Open stack solution based on RED HAT so we need to add this on our matrix in order to be competive

furthermore:

the needs comes from the market and from some customer, actually is known that RH is one of the major vendor of openstack platfom and many customer are going to adopt for their private cloud.

Some of them here in my country are DP customer but unfortunately we cannot backup VM, application  or something that is based on RH platform but only something Cinder and Nova for example that is based on Helion openstack.

customer didn't ask to write backup data in RH cloud, ask to backup an enviroment based on RH openstack in cloud..

4 Comments
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello @Cdusi,

Thanks for the idea. I was wondering if you have tried your OpenStack solution in S3-compatble mode in Data Protector A.10.04 yet? From what I know any S3-compatible cloud storage, such as OpenStack, is supported and does not require any special re-certification.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

RoleRemover

Hello,

the needs comes from the market and from some customer, actually is known that RH is one of the major vendor of openstack platfom and many customer are going to adopt for their private cloud.

Some of them here in my country are DP customer but unfortunately we cannot backup VM, application  or something that is based on RH platform but only something Cinder and Nova for example that is based on Helion openstack.

customer didn't ask to write data in RH cloud, ask to backup an enviroment based on RH openstack in cloud..

hope that i'm able to clarify my thoughts

regards

Carlo

Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi @Cdusi,

Thanks for the additional information. Maybe you can update the original idea post with more details on your requirements, especially what you want to backup and restore.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Senior Member...
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes