NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Data Protector Idea Exchange
cancel

New web based scheduler is a nightmare

Hi

New scheduler is a huge mistake,

It has no logic, it is slow, you can not see the backup schedule from the backup tab as before.
it is 4 times longer to schedule or change the frequency of backups, please return it as it was before
3 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello,

Thank-you for submitting this request.  Sorry to hear your experience has not been good with the new scheduler. We are working on improving the experience both from a performance and usability standpoint. Stay tuned for more updates in this area.

-Sheetal

Member..

I completely agree.  Something that used to take me 15 minutes now takes HOURS!!!  We have very customized schedules and the new format just makes the process painful.  It could at least tell you which dates have fulls and incrementals at a glance (at least before we had red, yellow, etc).  Other suggestions include allowing multiple day deletes or edits at one time for a backup schedule.  View multiple months at one time.  Allow for exception dates to exclude backup runs.  Better holiday date manipulation.  Order the backup schedules alphabetically from the pull down menu.  Group backup types for month/day schedule views (you want to view all VE backups scheduled...boom.  All filesystem backups....boom)

SJH
I could not agree more. I'm so glad it's not just me. In fact I have active support calls open with Micro Focus about issues with the scheduler and they referred me here to air my grievances and request enhancement! his post immediately caught my eye and sums up my own experience with it perfectly. Not sure why it's considered an enhancement request though when something which worked before no longer works. To me, that's a bug which leads to a support request which leads to a fix. The new scheduler interface is an abomination. Why did they change it to this? It's clunky (putting it mildly), non-responsive, unintuitive, and just plain broken. I somehow managed to delete my schedule (because I couldn't find a way to edit it, so my intention was to just delete and re-create) and now I can't find a way to add a new schedule so I have no backups unless I run them manually! Hence the support call. Abysmal. Please put it back to how it was before.