NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Data Protector Idea Exchange
cancel

VMExplorer Replication - Include Network VLAN ID

Hi All,

In our production environments we heavily utilize VLAN trunk ports for our virtual host servers in order to serve the various virtual machines running on the physical server. In my many cases, the virtual machines reside on different networks and as a result, we set the VLAN ID for the virtual NIC using Hyper-V Manager settings for the virtual machine.

Currently, MicroFocus VMExplorer allows you to select the destination virtual network adapter name as part of the replication job settings, but the option to map the VLAN ID is NOT available.

• We use VLAN trunk ports for all of our virtual machine deployments
  • Can the ability to set the destination VLAN ID be added to your software?

This feature will make the replication fail over process much easier and user error free. I am hoping to provide step by step replication fail over instructions to users with a limited techincal background and if I need to incorporate detail about manually checking & setting the VLAN ID after the replicated VM is turned on, this will make the fail over procedure much more complicated for the non-technical staff and also requires me to open up Hyper-V manager access to these users with the limited techincal background. I prefer to keep Hyper-V manager access locked down as much as possible.

Thank you,

Marc

1 Comment
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes