cancel

Backup physical server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
RiclyLeRoy Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Backup physical server

By DP9 can I create backup of Windows physical server to use for disaster recovery?

My purpuse is to have iso image for restore physical server, OS and its content.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian.Koehler Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..
Solution

Re: Backup physical server

Hi RiclyLeRoy,

Well, this is unsupported but it should work if you have an DP A.06.00 Installation Server available to push the agent. EADR was available for Windows 2000 if I recall correctly. Please keep in mind that replacing a 15 year old server with a new piece of hardware may not work for various reasons.

OBDR is a Disaster Recovery method where you backup to a directly attached device and can boot directly from tape. 

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please assign a KUDO to this post, if you find it useful.
3 REPLIES
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi RiclyLeRoy,

Yes, this is possible and it is included at no charge with Data Protector. Just make sure you have the Disk Agent and the Automatic Disaster Recovery module installed on that client where you need EADR. Then it is recommended to backup at least all crititcal components such as C: and the CONFIGURATION object.

You should refer to DisasterRecovery.pdf in C:\Program Files\OmniBack\Docs for details.

If you want to create the ISO image from the GUI (e.g. on the Cell Manager) once the backup has been created, you need the User Interface and the Automatic Disaster Recovery on this system.

2018-04-11_12h37_22.png

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
RiclyLeRoy Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks, I read somethnig about OADR but I wanted to make sure.

Does it exist Automatic Disaster Recovery module in DP6 agents ?

I have DP9 cell manager but some clients are Windows 2000 so their disk agents are version 6.x and these are working fine.

I like to install Automatic Disaster Recovery module in Windows 2000 client.

Acclaimed Contributor..
Solution

Hi RiclyLeRoy,

Well, this is unsupported but it should work if you have an DP A.06.00 Installation Server available to push the agent. EADR was available for Windows 2000 if I recall correctly. Please keep in mind that replacing a 15 year old server with a new piece of hardware may not work for various reasons.

OBDR is a Disaster Recovery method where you backup to a directly attached device and can boot directly from tape. 

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---