Data Protector Practitioners Forum
cancel

How To Generate A Report That Provides Total Incremental Data Usage

Highlighted
Rob Sandifer58
Valued Contributor.

How To Generate A Report That Provides Total Incremental Data Usage

Greetings,

I have read through some of the DP 9.0 docs as well as the DP online Help section, but I am not finding the information that I am needing.

Specifically what I am trying to do is create a report that will allow me to do ONLY the following:

Show total data that has been backed up for ONLY the incremental backups for a scheduled time period of 7 days (one full week).  I would like this to be in the following simple format:
(1)  Column One should be named "DP Clients"  and this should list all of the DP clients that are part of the daily incremental backup schedule
(2)  Column Two should be named Total  Incremental Backup Data and should correspond to each DP client listed in column (1).

That's it!  That is all I am trying to do.  I'm not sure whether or not it is even possible to customize a report in the desired format mentioned above,  but if it can be done,  I sure would appreciate it if someone can assist with this.  Thank you to anyone who can help!

Best Regards,

Rob Sandifer

Rob Sandifer
4 REPLIES
kevin123
Trusted Contributor.

Re: How To Generate A Report That Provides Total Incremental Data Usage

Hello Rob, 

Have you tried to use backup navigator to perform these reports? This will allow you to perform all of these specific reports. 

Thanks. 

Rob Sandifer58
Valued Contributor.

Hello Kevin,

No, I have not used Backup Navigator;  in fact,  this is the first time that I have ever heard of it.
I'll Google it,  but if you have any details to add,  would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Regards,

Rob

Rob Sandifer
Rob Sandifer58
Valued Contributor.

Kevin,

I found a pretty good link that seems to give a really good description of Backup Navigator;  the link even gives another link to a free 60 day trial version.  Thanks!

https://community.saas.hpe.com/t5/Backup-and-Governance/HPE-Backup-Navigator-9-50-is-here/ba-p/226301#.WcO7F9VSxyw

Regards,

Rob

Rob Sandifer
zitbb
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Rob,

using the reporting tool that comes with Data Protector you can execute the following command at the command line:

omnirpt.exe –report obj_avesize –days numberofdays –tab –log targetfile

That will give you the average size of a full backup and the average size of an incremental backup per drive per server per timeframe and writes it to a csv file. You can then delete the column that contains the data for the full backup if you don't want it in the csv file. That might get you close to what you want without Backup Navigator.

Regards,

ZIT-BB