Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Data Protector Practitioners Forum
cancel

Restore Chain Question

Highlighted
Les Crisps
Trusted Contributor.

Restore Chain Question

Hello,

Do backups of the same object in two different backup jobs constitute a good restore chain?

My example is, I am moving to Synthetic Full backups, so five Enhanced Incrementals and a weekly Synthetic Full Consolidation.

I want the Friday Inc. to be the target but a 'Post Backup Object Consolidation' pointed at this backup job would run every day. I know I could set up Scheduled Jobs to run the Cons. but it means more work and more elements to manage and I like the simplicity of 'Post Backup'.

My solution would be to have a backup job that has four days of Incs. and then a separate job that just has the Fridays. I can then point the Post Backup to the Friday one only.

However, does the restore chain span two different backup jobs.

Thank you.