Changes to the community structure and the menu bar
Significant changes have happened to the structure of our community and our drop down menu bar. READ ABOUT IT HERE
Data Protector User Discussions
cancel

Can HP Openview Storage Data Protector Manager A.06.00 restore Internal Database?

Highlighted
kalenko
Visitor.

Can HP Openview Storage Data Protector Manager A.06.00 restore Internal Database?

Hi,

My company is using HP Openview Storage Data Protector Manager A.06.00 to backup data to tapes. When the Internal Database corrupts, the file names of the backup data disappear, it is obvious that I can not restore the data from backup. Actually, I schedule the backup of Internal Database to the same tapes. And my question is: when the current Internal Database corrupts, can I restore the Internal Database from backup?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Eblyn Solis Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Can HP Openview Storage Data Protector Manager A.06.00 restore Internal Database?

Hi,

Yes, you can do restore from a backup, but you would like to know which tape has the backup.
You have to remove the software and reinstall and then import the backup tape.

Would you  put the error you have?, also put the output omnidbcheck - extended.

Regards

Please assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
kalenko
Visitor.

Re: Can HP Openview Storage Data Protector Manager A.06.00 restore Internal Database?

OK, thanks Eblyn.

Regular Contributor... Scorpio_CZ  Regular Contributor...
 Regular Contributor...

The track for IDB backup is in two files :

media.log

obrindex.dat

If media.log is available, you can look-up "OmniDB" entires in media.log to import exactly the needed media.

If obrindex.dat is available, you can use idb offline restore tool : omnidbrestore -autorecover [Options]

For more details about this tool usage, please consult manual (for example CLIReference.pdf)