Data Protector User Discussions
cancel

DP 10.0x IDB backup failure

Highlighted
Kirk1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

DP 10.0x IDB backup failure

The backup of the DP internal database fails if DP can not write simultaneously to both tape drives in our MSL2024 twin drive LTO7 tape library. This is a problem if a job, which is using one of the tape drives, overruns into the mid day IDB backup job.

Does anyone know the logic that DP 10.0x uses for assigning one or both tape drives, in an MSL2024 tape library, to perform a backup ?

3 REPLIES
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP 10.0x IDB backup failure

Hi,

What is your "load balancing" MIN setting? Is it set to "2" maybe? You can check this in the GUI (Destination tab) or in the backup specification (barlist). Otherwise, how exactly is it failing? Can you paste the session report messages here?

Thanks,

Koen

Kirk1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Koen

In  Backup>Backup Specification>Internal Database>Destination tab - load balancing is ticked, Min = 1  Max=5

In Internal Database>Sessions>Failed Session - the session message =

"No version of the backup objects in the Internal Database.

Information about the backup versions has been removed from the Internal Database"

Any suggestions ?

On a slightly different subject -

The current Product Version is 10.03 which i intend to upgrade shortly to 10.20 because of the issue with the server.log.xxxx-xx-xx files bloating to > 4GB - any issues with upgrading that I should be aware of ??

Cheers

Kirk

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I assume this problem is not related to the availability of 2 devices!?

Can you share the barlist (/etc/opt/omni/server/barlists/idb or <ProgramData>\OmniBack\Config\server\barlists\idb)?

Thanks, Koen