Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Matthias Schünd
New Member.

DP10 Manager for DP9 CellServer?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm currently working on a hardware refresh of my DP Linux-Server. Of course DP 10.10 is installed on the new machine as is the DP10.10 Manager now on my Windows desktop machine.

But it seems to me, that I cannot access the old DP9 cell with the A.10.10 Manager.

Is this known not to work or is there a configuration problem anywhere?

Greetings - Matthias

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP10 Manager for DP9 CellServer?

Jump to solution

Hello @Matthias Schünd

This is not supposed to work. DP 10.10 use different authentication method (KeyCloack), and DP 9 use UserList file. 
Additional, DP 10.x use secure communication and DP 9 does not use it. 

Try to configure an exception on DP 10.10 GUI with: omnicc -secure_comm -configure_exception CMDP9

Make sure that User that you are using to log on the GUI server is added to UserList file. 

Anyway, this is only a suggestion and I do not have the chance to test it yet. 

Regards,

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Matthias Schünd

This is not supposed to work. DP 10.10 use different authentication method (KeyCloack), and DP 9 use UserList file. 
Additional, DP 10.x use secure communication and DP 9 does not use it. 

Try to configure an exception on DP 10.10 GUI with: omnicc -secure_comm -configure_exception CMDP9

Make sure that User that you are using to log on the GUI server is added to UserList file. 

Anyway, this is only a suggestion and I do not have the chance to test it yet. 

Regards,

Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Matthias Schünd
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Victor,

thanks a lot for your reply.

That's what I had expected :-(

But OK, at least with a convincing reason. Whereas the reason behind also implies, that a DP10 CellServer with a DP9 CellConsole also won't work. Or does DP10 CellServer also (still) support UserList authentication method?

Greetings - Matthias

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello, 

This can work and I test it. 

You need to add the exception on the DP 10.x CM referring to DP 9 GUI server and make sure that user is added to UserList. This is because DP 9 GUI will try to authenticate with UserList instead of KeyCloack. 

Remember that DP 10.x have Home Context to access to Scheduler. Using DP 9 GUI this will be not available and Schedule tab on backup specification does not work. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.