NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Data Protector User Discussions
cancel

Data Protector Licensing help (HP Library + Storage)

Highlighted
cadumgarcia
New Member.

Data Protector Licensing help (HP Library + Storage)

Need some help with licensing, tried to head the Data Protector Bulleting if someone could help I´d appreciate.

I want to backup de following scenerio:

- Two Servers connected to a HP MSA-2050 directly through FC (Image on the storage)

- Library MLS-2024 one Drive

Need to Backup SQL/Hyper-V in those servers, what do I need to have in terms of license to backup to LTO besides the Starter Pack? Do I need Dataprotector SAN Drive License and NDMP or all I need is Backup Online B6965BAE to backup Hyper-V and SQL?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Victor_F_DP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Data Protector Licensing help (HP Library + Storage)

Hello @cadumgarcia

Please refer to https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/km/KM03248017/ALA_DP_Sep_17_2018_5200-1689.pdf for more details. 

To start, Data Protector Starter Pack includes a license for one drive. 

To backup SQL and Hyper-V you should need Data Protector On-line Backup, at least one for each of these integrations. 

To understand better this license situation, contact your sales assist or sales team. They will give you more details. 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.