Changes to the community structure and the menu bar
Significant changes have happened to the structure of our community and our drop down menu bar. READ ABOUT IT HERE
Data Protector User Discussions
cancel

General excludes

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jesko Contributor..
Contributor..

General excludes

Hi Experts,

I would like to exclude certain paths in all of my Unix-filesystem backups.
Unfortunately these paths contain a varibale part. How can I achive this.

example:

system 1 :  /first/D45/second
system2 :  /first/ZDD/second

where "first" and "second" are static parts of the Path and "D45"/"ZDD" is a Combination of 3 Characters/Digits that changes.

bet Regards

Jesko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian.Koehler Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..
Solution

Re: General excludes

Hi Jesko,

There is no regex-like exclude option. The command omniwl.pl is also available on Data Protector 9.09.

C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>perl omniwl.pl -version HPE Data Protector A.09.09: OMNIWL, internal build 115, built on Tue May 23 16:02:14 2017

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please assign a KUDO to this post, if you find it useful.
6 REPLIES
Micro Focus Expert Koen Verbelen
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I tested this with a wildcard (*) in the middle of the path and the exclude worked as expected.  Also, the directory specified by the wildcard was included togeher with its content, apart from the subdirectory that was correctly excluded. Just test and you should see it working.

Koen

Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Jesko,

I think Koen’s solution is the best. If it does not work for any reason, you can try omniwl to create and edit the datalists.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:10.04/Use/cli_reference/1m/omniwl

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler
---
Jesko Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi all,

I did not get the results needed with my tests so far.

If I remeber corectly I worked sith /first/???/second/ and the FS was backed up.

Using * would also exclud /first/asdfuzt/second/ and not only a triple of Letters and Numbers.

I am trying to make the match as exact as possible but I will test with /first/*/second

I am curently testing with DP9.9

Regards

Jesko

Acclaimed Contributor..
Solution

Hi Jesko,

There is no regex-like exclude option. The command omniwl.pl is also available on Data Protector 9.09.

C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>perl omniwl.pl -version HPE Data Protector A.09.09: OMNIWL, internal build 115, built on Tue May 23 16:02:14 2017

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Jesko Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi Sebastian,

tnaks for the clarification, even when I am not happy with dp not supporting regex-like exclude options.

maybe in some future release, I thing especially in big standarized environments this would be great!

Jesko

Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi @Jesko,

You should submit an idea for this in the Data Protection Idea Exchange. I'll vote for it and I think others will follow.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---