Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Danny Petterson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Integration with Windows DB2 database

HI Gurus!

A trivial problem Im sure, possibly only related to my own ignorance.

However - have a Windows Server with DB2 9.5. Wants to use the Data Protector 6.11 integration to DB2, but can't get it to work with either GUI or CLI - here is the CLI-version (I get the same error):

I run c:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin\uitl_db2.exe -CONFIG mydatabase myuser mypassword

.....and all I get is 

*RETVAL*0022

DB2 install path not specified.

I cant find anything related to this error using the Integration guide, google or anything else.

Thanks in advance.

\Danny

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Danny Petterson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Integration with Windows DB2 database

Sorry, my mistake - it is not 6.11 of DP, but 6.20.

The user for backup is a member of SYSADM.

The DB2 install path is en the enironment in windows, as DB2PATH

Any ideas....anyone?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. pidi08 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Danny,

Great when you posted this issues. Did you manage to solved this problem. i got mine recently. However, i tried to run this on DP server :

util_db2.exe -CHKCONF instance_name username password

I got *RETVAL*0

When trying to do the integration,  i got an error. Please refer the attachment.

Do you have any idea on how to solved this.Thanks.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. pankaj gupta de Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ok , goto integ folder under omnibackup -cell -server,  & put the database details in flat file directly , whenever you integrate any database  , under integ folder there are lot of folders like oracle lotus , mssql , you will find db2 also there make changes under this folder for your db , then run upgrade form GUI , will work , i am sure

0 Likes
Absent Member.. pankaj gupta de Absent Member..
Absent Member..

also update .net framework with letestone with dp patch level to letest in CM as well as Db server.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.