Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Technical_guy Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Manual Backup of Cell Manager

Jump to solution

Hi, 

i want to take a full backup of HP Data protector database & Logs, in case of any disaster. 

Note : currently i have an issue with OS.please let me know the step to take the full backup of Cell Manager ( files & Folders) in USB hard disk.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Manual Backup of Cell Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @Technical_guy,

I have moved your post to a new topic. Now back to your question. I would do the following. assuming this is a Windows Cell Manager using the default paths.

• Stop the services using the omnisv stop command
  • Perform a copy (or create an archive) of C:\ProgramData\Omniback, this is your IDB
  • Perform a copy (or create an archive) of C:\Program Files\Omniback, this is just the binaries and scripts you may have placed there, it is not required, but may help
  • Take a note of the service user used to execute the Data Protector services

If something breaks move the files back (on the new system which has the same hostname, IP, service user which was used originally) and perform an installation on top of the existing database. Make sure the service user has full access rights on Omniback\server\db80 directory structure, has the user permissions as found on https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2018.11/Install/pre_install/pre_install_tasks#WindowsInstallationServerinnon-clustermode and the symlinks have been re-created (see mklink on https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2018.11/Admin/OmniBack_Database/Task/HOW_Restoring_OBDB#Offlinerestore).

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please assign a KUDO to this post, if you find it useful.
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi @Technical_guy,

I have moved your post to a new topic. Now back to your question. I would do the following. assuming this is a Windows Cell Manager using the default paths.

• Stop the services using the omnisv stop command
  • Perform a copy (or create an archive) of C:\ProgramData\Omniback, this is your IDB
  • Perform a copy (or create an archive) of C:\Program Files\Omniback, this is just the binaries and scripts you may have placed there, it is not required, but may help
  • Take a note of the service user used to execute the Data Protector services

If something breaks move the files back (on the new system which has the same hostname, IP, service user which was used originally) and perform an installation on top of the existing database. Make sure the service user has full access rights on Omniback\server\db80 directory structure, has the user permissions as found on https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2018.11/Install/pre_install/pre_install_tasks#WindowsInstallationServerinnon-clustermode and the symlinks have been re-created (see mklink on https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2018.11/Admin/OmniBack_Database/Task/HOW_Restoring_OBDB#Offlinerestore).

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Technical_guy Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi, 

i have tried to copied the folder location C:\ProgramData\Omniback  to new USD HDD external,  during the copying process it ask me for some files and folder to replace which i have done. 

just to make sure i copied the full folder backup is there a way to know the correct directories of current DP server. 

as i remember we have upgrade from version 7, 8, to 9 now.

for  C:\ProgramFiles\Omniback. nothing asked..

Thank you 

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi @Technical_guy ,

You need to copy all directories as found in the following command. Copy each directory to one target directory on the USB HDD.

C:\>set | findstr DP_
DP_DATA_DIR=C:\ProgramData\OmniBack\
DP_HOME_DIR=C:\Program Files\OmniBack\
DP_SDATA_DIR=C:\ProgramData\OmniBack\

In my exmaple I have to copy C:\ProgramData\OmniBack to X:\DATA\Omniback and C:\Program Files\OmniBack to X:\HOME\Omniback if we assume that X:\ is my USB drive. Make sure the USB drive is using NTFS.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.