Data Protector User Discussions
cancel

data protector backup specifications (summary report)

Highlighted
Rejaine_SM Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

data protector backup specifications (summary report)

Hello guys!

I need to publish in HTML or generate a report with all the my backup specifications. It would be a report that would be queried by users, who do not have access to the DataProtector GUI.

I need a summary report, which contains the backup job name, type (filesystem, oracle, sql, vm, etc), schedule (date, time of backup.. if is daily, weekly, full or incremental, etc.), retention time, and the data to be copied.

I'm testating several reports, but I have not yet found that summarizes everything in single report.

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: data protector backup specifications (summary report)

Hello @Rejaine_SM

Unfortunately, there is no a report that gives all the information you need. All the reports are documented here: 

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2018.09/Use/Monitor/Description/DES_About_Reporting/Configuration_reports

You can use omnirpt command but there is only the default reports: 

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2018.09/Use/cli_reference/1/omnirpt

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Regular Contributor.

Well, I need this report to do Backup routines documentation (I wanted something automated because I did not want to put everything in an Excel spreadsheet and worry about updating it often)

But I found all the information I need in text files in folders:

ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\Server\Datalists

ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\Server\Scheduler

ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\Server\BarList

ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\Server\Barscheduler

If there is no report, I think I will have to create one to extract information from these files. Maybe usinh shellscript or Perl, I'm still not sure ..

If someone by any script already ready, extract information from these files and can share, it would help me a lot ... ;)

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Have you tried generating what you need with:

omnicellinfo {-dlinfo [-group Group]}

-dlinfo
Shows information about backup specifications. For each backup specifications it lists the name of the backup specification, session owner, pre-exec and post-exec script. Session owner is in format
USER.GROUP@CLIENT

Se DP manuals for details.

Regards,

Regular Contributor.

Hello, 

I've tried this, but the -dlinfo option does not provide all the information I need.  Shows name of the backup , session owner, pre-exec and post-exec script, only.

But the information I need is in the files I quoted in the previous message. I just need to create a script to extract the information there and put together a summary report.