Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
cancel

Error viewing emails captured in TRIM

Shelley McMenam
Honored Contributor.

Error viewing emails captured in TRIM

Hi All

We are using TRIM 6.2.4.1236 & MS Office Outlook 2007 I have found that some emails when we view them in TRIM you cannot see the body but if I send the mail to the printer to or mail recipient's they can see the full content of the mail.  I have changed the view from native etc. and it is not happening with all emails only some.  Is there a known problem that I'm not aware of?

Regards

Shelley

7 REPLIES
raynebc
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Error viewing emails captured in TRIM

There were multiple bugs identified with earlier Trim 7.x builds (the new build released recently fixes these) where VMBX files weren't handled correctly by Trim Document Viewer.  My organization didn't do much with late 6.x versions except for some testing of 6.2.5, but we hadn't run into this.  If you have had Trim saving native email renditions, try configuring Trim clients to display those instead of the VMBX files.  I don't know with guaranteed certainty where this option is in 6.2.4, but in 6.2.3 and 7.1, it is:

Tools>Options>Viewer>When viewing mail messages and a native mail rendition exists, launch the native mail application

Shelley McMenam
Honored Contributor.

I have tried that and no luck - any other ideas?

raynebc
Outstanding Contributor.

Does that mean your affected emails do not have a native rendition?  Does the problem only occur when using the preview tab, or also when you right click affected records and select view?  HP declined to write a standalone fixed VMBX viewer when I approached them with the bug where the VMBX file's attachments were inaccessible, so unless there's another workaround, you might be stuck with either writing your own application with the TRIM SDK or upgrading to a newer version of Trim.

Shelley McMenam
Honored Contributor.

Those emails do not have a native rendition I have changed my TRIM settings so that emails now do have a native rendition, and emails that have gone in after this setting now launch in outlook.  In the preview pane though you cannot always see the full email which I guess comes back to the VMBX bug.   It is a weird issue though as it does not happen with all emails only some emails, it is not one user, it is not all internal emails and it is not all external emails.  Affected emails prior to me changing the settings cannot be viewed in the preview pane or right click view they have to be printed.  I am hoping to upgrade to the latest version later this year so hopefully then these emails will be fixed.

raynebc
Outstanding Contributor.

I never got an answer when I asked previously, but it's possible that you may be able to maintain an older Trim 6.x installation in order to view affected VMBX files when you super copy them?

Shelley McMenam
Honored Contributor.

Sorry I didnt answer that, I will have to investigate with IT if that would be possible, I am hoping to upgrade to V7 later in the year though.

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

What email client do you use?

There's issue with Lotus Notes and the way it formats some emails that can cause this problem.

Of if you catalogue an email in Outlook that was sent from a Lotus client.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au