Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
cancel

Viewing emails in native format

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tones
Super Contributor.

I have just updated my demo system to TRIM 7.1.1150 and have noticed if I add an email to the DemoDB and then view it it always appears in the TRIM Viewer rather than Outlook. I have changed the system options to capture native renditions and also noticed no renditions are being captured when the email is registered in TRIM.

I have also created a new dataset and the email capture and native rendition viewing works correctly. Is there a setting on the DemoDB I have missed?

6 REPLIES
TRIMGuru
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Viewing emails in native format

Check:

Tools

Options

Viewer Tab

and make sure the very last option is "ticked".

Tones
Super Contributor.

Got that ticked in both datasets.

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Did you restart the services after changing the system option to capture native renditions?

Also, did you select 'Advanced - Long Term' format?

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
Tones
Super Contributor.

I did select 'Advanced - Long Term' format, but did a refresh of the dataset instead of restarting the services.

Works correctly now. Thanks

Anne Phillips
Trusted Contributor.

Hi

Thanks for this post - solved my problem.  Just a query though - where do you select  'Advanced - Long Term format?

We are Testing TRIM 7.1.1150 with Office 2010 and Windows 7 environment..

Cheers

Anne

Terry McKenna
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Anne,

If you search the help file for "Advanced (long-term) format" there are step-by-step instructions to enable that option but it's "HP TRIM Administration > System Options > Record" tab about half way down the page.