Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Frequent Contributor.. Ed Macke Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Fortify 18.20 - Ignores Typescript (.ts) files

Supposedly, Fortify 18.20 supports Typescript.

But when I run the Scan Wizard, I don't see TypeScript listed as a supported language.
wizard.png

You can see there are typescript files in the same root folder as files that are recognized.

wizard2.png

But it's not just an issue with the Scan Wizard. Even if I simply run SCA from the command prompt, it still doesn't scan the .ts files.

As far as I know, I have nothing specified the excludes my TypeScript files. Nothing on the command line. Nothing I can find in the core properties files.

What do I have to do to get Fortify 18.20 SCA to include and scan .ts source files?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Fortify 18.20 - Ignores Typescript (.ts) files

Hi Ed,

There is indeed an issue with Scan Wizard not showing the .ts files and I have reported this to our development.team. However, the .ts files should be scanned anyway using Scan Wizard or not. Per the SCA guide, you should also have this property set for the scan:
-Dcom.fortify.sca.Phase0HigherOrder.Languages=javascript,typescript 

Note that Scan Wizard does not currently include this property in the script.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.