The community has a new login process
The community single sign-on system has been changed. Learn more about it HERE
Outstanding Contributor.. Steve Macukat Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Feedback on your new interface

The new interface is easier to read.  I like that it actually remembers my login between sessions.

There are some issues;

Exact phrase searching does not appear to be working as desribed under "Advanced"  ("Use quotes to search for an "exact phrase"").  

The link at the top of the page titled "Do you have feedback on our new interface" is broken. When I click the drop-down arrow there is a link under "Let us know HERE" but clicking the link doesn't do anything. This happens in Chrome & IE11. The URL is displayed in the status bar when the link is highlighted so the link is definitely there, it just doesn't do anything when clicked.

Finding the Feedback forum isn't easy.  The only way I could find to get here is from the Communities front page & navigating to "Keylinks / Community Quick Links / Contact Links / Community Feedback".

I can't see a way to filter results to just the feedback forum.  For example I wanted to see if "Exact Phrase" searching had been mentioned already.  However "Community Feedback Suggestions" doesn't show up as an option under the Location search filter & there doesn't appear to be a top-term that relates to it.  

4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Feedback on your new interface

Yes, the new interface is hard to use and not as friendly as old one.

Now I cannot find documents using Ctrl+F

Hope this is just test version.

0 Likes
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve,  Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

• The search feature hasn't changed, just the UI skinning it.  I hadn't noticed that the exact phrase search wasn't working.  I'll look into that after I've fixed a few UI things.  
  • I've tested the "Do you have feedback on our new interface" link with Chrome, IE, and Firefox and it works in all three.   Do you have any sort of popup blocker or similar installed in your browser?  Give it a try in an "incognito" or "private browsing" window and let me know if you still see the problem
  • The only way I know of to filter results to just a specific forum is to go to that forum THEN  use the filter on the left side to filter to "This Board".  There may be a better way, but I haven't taken any time to look in depth at the search functionality here. 

Thanks again! - Kim

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Steve Macukat Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Thanks for the reply.

I've justed tested the "Let us know here" link in Chrome Incognito Mode & IE11 InPrivate Browsing and it doesn't work.  I've only tested on this work PC so possibly we have a network setting that's preventing it working.

Cheers

0 Likes
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

I wondered if it was your account so I switched to your account here (as an admin that's a troubleshooting tool I have) and still didn't have any problem with the link.  It has the target="_blank" attribute so it opens a new tab in the browser.  private browsing/incognito should have let that work so I don't know what to tell you.  Do you have problems with any other links on this site?

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.