General Feedback and Suggestions
cancel

Threaded view in Outlook for emails from community

Respected Contributor.. Stephen Kreusch Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Threaded view in Outlook for emails from community

Hi, I mostly use emails to keep up to date on the communities I am interested in, and use Outlook.  The Community platform (Lithium?) doesn't seem to play nicely with Outlook in that it seems to be impossible to view emails from the Community in threaded / conversation mode.

This is what it looks like in Outlook (2016):

outlook.png

Is there a config change that can be made on the Community platform to enable this functionality?

Thanks

Stephen

5 REPLIES
Acclaimed Contributor.. BGroot Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Threaded view in Outlook for emails from community

Hi Stephen,

I have not seen this option before in Lithium, so we will need to follow up with Lithium about this and get back to you.

Greetings,

Bill

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Respected Contributor..

Hi Bill

Any feedback on this?

Regards

Stephen

Respected Contributor..

Hi Bill

Any feedback?

This is the desired threaded conversation behavior from back in 2016:

2018-08-08_15-11-39.png

Regards

Stephen

Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephen,

I can't find any settings that could/would control this but I've asked in the Lithium community.  You can subscribe to this thread there if you want and see if someone has any suggestions: - Kim  

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
Highlighted
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

The response:  

n Outlook, if you group by Subject line instead of by Date, you'll get that subject-level threading effect.

Still, it's not the same as native e-mail conversations because the e-mail notifications don't support the concept of one message being a "reply" to another.

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......