cancel

User authentication/session expiring after login

SOLVED
Go to solution
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

User authentication/session expiring after login

Hello,

I'm having serious issues in the forum with authentication expiring while working on posts. Are there any known issues with the authentication servers? Sometimes this happens right after logging in with my Software Passport account.

2018-05-24_18h49_16.png

2018-05-24_18h52_10.png

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please assign a KUDO to this post, if you find it useful.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner
Solution

Re: User authentication/session expiring after login

Hello,

Seems the issue has been fixed by the portal admins or the Software Passport team.

Thanks,
Sebastian Koehler

---
7 REPLIES
Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The only time I have that error is if I open a whole bunch of tabs in firefox and then many many minutes later I then try to reply or do something to that old tab.  I would have expected since I'm doing things in other tabs, my authentication would still be active.

Knowledge Partner

Hi @Dennis Handly,

Thanks for your reply. I'm seeing this in Chrome. It started 2 weeks ago and especially last week it was really getting annoying. I think it is not related to having up to 10 forum tabs open in parallel. This is how I work quite often. Sometimes it happend even with a single tab and Edge so I suspect a problem with the Software Passport frontend or backend.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Knowledge Partner
Solution

Hello,

Seems the issue has been fixed by the portal admins or the Software Passport team.

Thanks,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Sweet!  I didn't even have to do anything.   I love it when that happens. 

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Sorry Kim, but perhaps there is still some work for you ;-)

Could we perhaps have a checkbox to enable something like "Keep me logged in" - or at least increase the time until the sessions expire? This forum is not too critical / confidential that we have to logout after a very short time. I'd like to stay logged in - makes it easier to respond to questions. Do you think we could introduce this?

Thanks,

Dirk

Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dirk.   Because we use a Passport single sign on solution for this community, it's not really part of the communty platform, so out of my hands, but I can pass on the request to the Passport people in the company and see if they can suggest a way to improve the timeout issue. 

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
Highlighted
Community Manager daniel_rojas Community Manager
Community Manager

I've seen this on serveral forums and it appears to be a timeout error so it's common after several minutes of no activity. Since your case it also happens after login in another reason it was caused is because of cookies so please try cleaning your browser's cookies.

Regards