Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Pietro Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

IDOL 11 - CFS

Jump to solution

Hi all, I'm almost new in CFS usage. I'm triyng to add some lua script in the configuration of CFS at startup. I did it and all is ok, problems arose when in my script I use some external extension like luasocket, or luaXML.

In Idol 11 - CFS directory I found lua_ide_files directory with lua53.exe and DLL binary and I downloaded and configured luarocks package manager to install external packages compiled against these binaries. All went ok, but when I use my script with "require" luasocket and luaXML I obtained the error: 

25/03/2018 10:01:59 [1] 70-Error: Task (type: POST) failed with error: Lua: Lua error multiple Lua VMs detected

So I missed somthig :-).

The question is: Is it possible to create scripts for CFS that use external modules? If yes, how can I add external modules to lua pre-installed IDE in CFS?

Thank you very much for any advice,

Pietro

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: IDOL 11 - CFS

Jump to solution

Hello Pietro,

There is no IDOL documentation about this, I am pretty sure that this issue is not related with the product itself.

I did a research on google and I found this article, I hope this can help you:

http://lua.2524044.n2.nabble.com/lua-5-2-2-lua-socket-2-1-module-load-crash-td7649953.html

Regards

Tomás N.

tomasenc
0 Likes
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello Pietro,

Thank you for contacting Micro Focus community, my name is Tomás.

This is not an error related to CFS itself but rather, is related to the DLLs.

I have found an article in the following link:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28701142/multiple-lua-vms-detected

Please check the link and let me know if you have any other question or if you required any further assistnace.

Regards.

Tomás N.
tomasenc
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

I read the link you wrote me and I verified with the software depends22_x64 that all programs I use:

• lua53.exe from IDOL 11 installation,
  • core.dll from Luasocket installation
  • LuaXML_lib.dll form luaxml installation

are linked to the same DLL: the lua53.dll belonging to the IDOL 11 installation (the one in cfs\lua_ide_files\bin\lua53_win64).

The error remains and, taken form log import.log, is:

[1] 70-Error: Task (type: POST) failed with error: Lua: Lua error multiple Lua VMs detected

I don't know how can I go on so maybe I fail something to create or install the libraries luasocket and luaxml (I use luarocks). That's the why I asked if there are some procedure I don't know to use external modules not included in the IBM IDOL 11 installation.

If you can help me any explanation/advice to go on will be very appreciated, thank you Tomas,

Pietro

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

hi all!

No good news by this side?

Facing this issue I return to my old question:

Can I use external lua libs in the scripts interpreted by the LUA 5.3 included in CFS in IDOL 11?

If yes, how?

I looked for some examples over the internet about this topic (create Lua scripts for CFS) but the examples provided didn't need any external libs so they run correctly.

I hope someone can help me somehow...

Thank you very much,

Pietro

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello Pietro,

There is no IDOL documentation about this, I am pretty sure that this issue is not related with the product itself.

I did a research on google and I found this article, I hope this can help you:

http://lua.2524044.n2.nabble.com/lua-5-2-2-lua-socket-2-1-module-load-crash-td7649953.html

Regards

Tomás N.

tomasenc
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.