Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Highlighted
Joc Contributor.
Contributor.

Prevent ODBCConnector / CFS creating additional documents for URLs

I'm indexing a set of assorted documents from a database using the ODBCConnector, but somewhere in the process it is generating additional documents when the document contains HTML.

How do I prevent this happening?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Joc Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Prevent ODBCConnector / CFS creating additional documents for URLs

I think I found the source of the problem, and it was user error ( i'm new at this and it was a painful experience! ).

There was a "post" lua script that was parsing the document content and removing URLs, but it always just ended, never returning true or false.

If the document was empty I added a return false and that seems to have prevented the un-necessary documents being created. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.