NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
IT Asset Manager / Connect-IT User Discussions
cancel

[AM Adapter] There is no composite IDs AQL need to be handled

John Goldstein Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Using AM Generic Adapter v1.03 to push data between UCMDB 10.33 and Asset Manager 9.62. I'm getting many entries in the fcmdb.adapters.log with lines like:

Does anyone know what is causing these entries?

How can I eliminate these entries from filling up my logs?

3 REPLIES
GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: [AM Adapter] There is no composite IDs AQL need to be handled

No idea, but last I knew the AM Adaptor was not particularlly... pleasent.  Rather than trying direct uCMDB to AM consider dumping XML files out of uCMDB and using CIT to pull the into AM.  Perhaps this is an outdated suggestion... anyone out there have a positive and successful experience using the AM Adaptor to go direct from uCMDB to AM?

On this note, please consider pinging MF with a request to update the uCMDB Connector for CIT.  They deprecated it at uCMDB 10 as I recall since they whated to force people to the AM Adaptor.  Choice is good.  Marketing has underestimated the usefullness of CIT for years.  It is one heck of a tool.

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
John Goldstein Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I'm still searching for an answer to this question. Does anyone know the meaning of the message "There is no composite IDs AQL need to be handled"?

GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi John,

I know squat about the AM Adapter, but some thoughts...

1) In CIT you can tell it to Log the Queries being generated.  Does the Adapter have an equivilent setting?

2) I am going to guess the AM Push Adapter uses the AM API.  If it does, you can edit the API INI file to enable the ADB Log on startup.  This should allow you to see any queries it attemps to send to AM.

Wish I had more for you, but so far I have managed to steer clear of uCMDB/AM integrations.

Good Luck,

Russ

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
Top Contributors Last 30 Days