NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
IT Asset Manager / Connect-IT User Discussions
cancel

Asset Manager with UCMDB Push mode

Regular Contributor.. Hope  Regular Contributor..
 Regular Contributor..

Asset Manager with UCMDB Push mode

Hi Experts!

I have UCMDB 11.00, Asset Manager 9.70. (based on the WS 2016 ), knowledge pack    2018.05,  and SLO 9.7.12.0

I`m using Universal Discovery for collect information about my computers  (Inventory Discovery).

When I trying to send my computers from the UCMDB in Asset manager with (Push mode), i can see that names of my computers is wrong.

For example.

I want to see the name of the computer as ip adress, but asset manager gives the name in the form CP00001, CP00002, and so on.  But if we look at the information about this field, we can see than field Name = field TCPIPadnress.  How to fix this ?

Best Regards,

1 REPLY
GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Asset Manager with UCMDB Push mode

The "CP00001, CP00002" in the amComputer:Name field (assuming it is actually CPU00001, CPU00002) is likelly coming from its Default Script.  This only evaluates if when the record is being created no other value is provided for the field.  So it seems whatever is beng pushed to HPAM is missing the data for the Name field for some reason.

Unfortunatelly beyond that I cannot offer much help.  Last I knew the Push Adapter had a lot of issues and the best answer people had been able to figure out was to dump XML files out of UD with the adapter and then load them into HPAM with CIT.

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
Top Contributors Last 30 Days