SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Indrakumar Gowda Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to Remove the tagged web services from Asset Manager Web

WebService.JPG

Dear All,

I am having almost 3 to 4 web serveices while logging to the Web Service, but i want to keep only one and want to remove all others. need your inputs to how to do this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Indra

Indrakumar
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Solution

Re: How to Remove the tagged web services from Asset Manager Web

Hello,

After you TAG the web services through the Application Designer, you have to go and set the correct TAG name in both package.properties files, and then re-deploy both websvc and webtier *.war files.

Then you have to go to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps  :

delete both folders AssetManager and AssetManagerWebService

delete both files AssetManager.war and AssetManagerWebService.war

Then copy-paste the newly re-deployed *.war files, start Tomcat service and the folders wil lbe generated automatically.

In addition, i recommend also deleting all the old logfiles from the <logs> folder and also the Catalina folder from C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\work\Catalina

Information about the Tagging you can find in the documentations of AM...

Regards,
Boryana Kotseva
4 REPLIES

Hello, 

Before doing so, I would highly recommend to make a backup copy of your database and do the changes first on a test server! Also make sure you DO NOT delete any records of a tagged version that you will Need to use, as it might cause issues! Also DO NOT delete versions Head R960 (depending on your version), as these are the system ones!!!

Here are the details:
* I have tagged my web with two tags -> TAG1 & TAG2.
Now to remove them:
1. Login to Asset Manager Windows client with Admin user.
2. Go to Administration / List of screens.
3. Find “Configurations and preferences (amSysConfig)” and open it.
4. In the column “Section” you will see records regarding of “ActionCacheDesc” and “DocumentDesc” for the different tagged versions.
5. When you delete the records in the list with tag names TAG1 & TAG2 , these tags will be removed. Delete only the values which “Section” is -> “DocumentDesc” and “ActionCacheDecs”.
After doing this modification you have to clean up the cache as follows:
1. Stop Tomcat
2. In the Tomcat folder go to:
a/ In the \webapps folder, delete the folders named “AssetManagerWebService” and “AssetManager” (only folders, not *.war files!)
b/ In the \work\Catalina\localhost folder delete the folder “AssetManagerWebService” and “AssetManager”
c/ In the \logs folder delete all the old logs
3. Start Tomcat
Now you can connect to the http://localhost:8080/AssetManagerWebService and see the old tagged versions are deleted.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Boryana Kotseva
Super Contributor.

Thank you Boryana for the steps. I will do the same in Test environment before doing in Production.

and I have mad the latest Web Service Tagged and in web Service it is still showing the previous Tagged Version only.

But when I checked in  amSysConfig table it is having two records for the same versions.

Indrakumar
Super Contributor.

Hello,

is it mandatory to remove the AssetManager Folder as well, because we have made some customization in the webpages. If i remove the folder all my customization will be lost.

Please suggest!!

Regards,

Indra

Indrakumar
Solution

Hello,

After you TAG the web services through the Application Designer, you have to go and set the correct TAG name in both package.properties files, and then re-deploy both websvc and webtier *.war files.

Then you have to go to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps  :

delete both folders AssetManager and AssetManagerWebService

delete both files AssetManager.war and AssetManagerWebService.war

Then copy-paste the newly re-deployed *.war files, start Tomcat service and the folders wil lbe generated automatically.

In addition, i recommend also deleting all the old logfiles from the <logs> folder and also the Catalina folder from C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\work\Catalina

Information about the Tagging you can find in the documentations of AM...

Regards,
Boryana Kotseva