Changes to the community structure and the menu bar
Significant changes have happened to the structure of our community and our drop down menu bar. READ ABOUT IT HERE
IT Asset Manager / Connect-IT User Discussions
cancel

Import option for Contract Management Role

Highlighted
poojam Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Import option for Contract Management Role

Hello Experts,

Is there any option to provide File-Import option ( ie For Bulk Upload of assets) to Contract manager role? without giving Administrator access.

Kindly help!!!

Regards,

Pooja

5 REPLIES
Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Import option for Contract Management Role

Since the APM service requires admin rights, why not have a workflow processed by server control the importation.

Respected Contributor..

Hello Mark,

That means I have to provide Admin access only, in order to Import the Bulk Asset. Correct??

Regards,

Pooja 

Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I do not understand your question.  Using the AM import module does require admin rights, however, a non-admin right user can cause an automated process to trigger/execute and process by a user with admin rights.

GoldenRatioRJP Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Without full Admin Rights you cannot use the Import Module directlly.  There is no way around that.  So for one-off creation/execution of an Import Script you are out of luck.  Admin only since this is (justifiablly so) viewed a a fairlly dangerous thing for a non-Admin to do,

However there are a number of close alternatives if this is something needing to be done repeatedly.  Create an Import Script or CIT Scenario which is going to attempt to pull in data from a file from a given folder.  Normally there is nothing there and the activity just wakes up and goes back to sleep.  When your Contract Manager wants to import data they create a file with the data in the proper format and drop it in the folder.  The execution of the Import can be automated via the APM for an Import Script of via the Service Console for CIT.  Personally I prefer CIT for this type of thing.

A process-by-server Workflow could also work, but I think it woul dbe a bit more complex.

I hope that makes sense.  - Russ

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
Respected Contributor..

Dear Mark/Russell,

Thanks for your suggestion.!!! 

Regards,

Pooja