Changes to the community structure and the menu bar
Significant changes have happened to the structure of our community and our drop down menu bar. READ ABOUT IT HERE
IT Asset Manager / Connect-IT User Discussions
cancel

New laptop cuts off wizard text

Highlighted
StuffedBuffalo Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

New laptop cuts off wizard text

Our company recently moved to new ibm laptops with native 1080p displays and windows 7. Now wizards in the windows client are cutting off text on field labels. 

The same wizard, runs on other laptop models, hooked into monitors with 1080p resolution running windows 7 and has no cut off text. 

Has anyone encountered this? Also, i've already set the laptops to not use the text magnifying option.

See attached for examples.

6 REPLIES
Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: New laptop cuts off wizard text

An easy way to resolve that does not deal with the laptops is to turn off the LabelLeft attribute.  This will put the labels on top of the nodes instead and nothing will be cut-off.

Frequent Contributor.

That definitely works but I'm not excited about having to touch every screen on every wizard we have. Good tip though.

Acclaimed Contributor.

If you make the screen text size smaller this could do the trick.  Review the display "Scale and layout" parameters of your laptop for this.

The only other options I can think of, which you still will not like, is to increase the XOFFSET size.  This will in essence increase the LabelLeft area to the right.  You could also add to the YOFFSET to increase the space between nodes which would at least get the full label to display instead of being chopped off.

Frequent Contributor.

I did try messing with the default text size options in windows 7. They were originally set to 150% but I changed it to 100%, logged out and it made no difference. I think we're going to try a different display driver and see if that makes a difference.

Micro Focus Expert ran_b
Micro Focus Expert

Hello StuffedBuffalo,

It is not mentioned whether the issue is experienced on a specific screen(s), whether out-of-box screens are affected as well as custom ones. If the issue is experienced on multiple screens reviewing display driver is an appropriate action. Do keep us posted what you find.

Best regards

Ranjan Bhattacharya

Mocro Focus

Acclaimed Contributor.

I am no expert with display drivers, however, I am baffled the change made no difference as long as the wizard is maximized to fit the entire screen.

I also understand not wanting to visit every wizard to adjust the xoffset and/or yoffset, however, depending on the number of them this can be automated via an action script.  The action script can export to text files, read each file line by line and adjust where needed, then import the files back into AM.

Good luck regardless.