NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
IT Asset Manager / Connect-IT User Discussions
cancel

Using Connect-It to Extract AWS EC2 Inventory Information into Asset Manager

Highlighted
anaE Contributor.
Contributor.

Using Connect-It to Extract AWS EC2 Inventory Information into Asset Manager

Hello,

Has anyone use Connect-It to extract inventory information from AWS?

I'm using the Elastic Compute Cloud Service which is part of the Cloud Services Connectors within Connect-It. I used the Sample scenario ec2_xml.scn as a guide and I was able to create my own. However, I can only connect to one AWS account at a time and we have over 20 accounts.

Has anyone used the AWS connectors?

When configuring the connector, it only askes for AccessKeyID, SecrestKey and Region. Is there a way to specify an AWS profile when connecting to AWS?

Thank you in advanced,

AnaE

5 REPLIES
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor andresvm Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Using Connect-It to Extract AWS EC2 Inventory Information into Asset Manager

Hi Anae 

You can check the oficial documentation about the connectors in CIT product, please refers page number 200, if you get an specific error with the configuration in the connector feel free to open a support case. 

BR

Andres VM

GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Using Connect-It to Extract AWS EC2 Inventory Information into Asset Manager

No specific knowledge of this Connector, but if you cannot specify the Account info you could set it up so you have 20+ seperate scenarios (identical save for the Account info) to extract data out to XML files and then one to read them all into HPAM.

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Or is there a way to create an AWS account which would have visibility to all of the data you need?

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
anaE Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks for the replay, GoldenRatioRJP.

I was hoping to avoid creating an scenario per account since they all will do exactly the same and number will increase as more accounts are created. Furthermore, if I need to makes any changes to the mapping changing all the scenarios won’t be fun.

anaE Contributor.
Contributor.

I haven't worked much on the AWS side but those who have say that in order to use the same user to access all the accounts you would need a different profile to identify which account you are logging in.

Top Contributors Last 30 Days