NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
IT Asset Manager / Connect-IT User Discussions
cancel

We want to print asset tag Bar code label print from HP-AM system

Highlighted
 Honored Contributor.. abcf  Honored Contributor..
 Honored Contributor..

We want to print asset tag Bar code label print from HP-AM system

We want to print asset tag Bar code label print from HP-AM system , please let us know what needs to be done
Printing Information

Organization Name:
Asset Model/Description
Bar code
Asset tag

barcode.png
thanks
1 REPLY
GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: We want to print asset tag Bar code label print from HP-AM system

Generally speaking you go the other way.  Buy a real of Tags and then update the record in HPAM when you affix them to the item.

If you really want to print from HPAM... I suppose I would start by creating a Word file which would print properly to the Label Printer so all the drivers and such are definatelly there.  Then I would make that Word Doc into a DDE template and use a DDE type Action squirt the data from the HPAM record int that Word doc and print it.  Anyway you slice it is going to be painful and time consuming.

I recomend just buying preprinted Tags.

Cheers... Russ

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com